Also Roger Federer excludes Davis Cup participation

Posted on

            
            
            In Grand Slam record winner Roger Federer (37), another top player virtually eliminated his participation in the radically reformed Davis Cup in the coming year.
            
            "I doubt it very much and we'll see what happens," said Federer after his eighth-final win at the Masters tournament in Shanghai against Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut. "I do not think it was designed for me, it was made for the future generation of players," added the Swiss.

Even Alexander Zverev had already ruled out a participationThe fact that the Davis Cup, which will be played next year with 18 teams as a week-long final tournament in November in Madrid, not only on the young players to agree with, underpinned last Alexander Zverev (21). Germany's top player described the schedule as "crazy" and also excluded participation in the event of a German qualification. "I will not play in November," Zverev said on Wednesday in Shanghai. "I think all the top players will do the same, we have a half-month break in the season, that's from November to December, so we're all tired," he said. Previously, he had spoken out against participation.
            
            
          

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *